aviewoftheworldbymecontinued

Saturday, September 16, 2006

A tribute to my friend Tony

hey every1
I forgot to say (probably because I dont want to accept it) is that my friend Tony died last week. He was so weak and apparently just gave up on life. I'm really gonna miss him. He was our Corps Youth Secretary and was loved so much by everyone. I dont think that there was anyone in the corps who didnt like Tony. He was a really funny guy and had a real passion for young people and of course football. He enjoyed coaching youngsters and bringing them to God through football. He would go to the roughest estates in Colchester and set up football matches. At the same time he would teach them all about Jesus.
He also was a scout for many premiereship teams such as Liverpool, Tottenham, Manchester United and Arsenal. He was great at what he did.
At summer school he helped out by organising the football and he would always tell me to play and I never did because I'm not very good at football but he didnt judge. He just encouraged and was always there to help me if i needed him. He was the very 1st person I told when I knew that I wanted to be a senior soldier. I think he was more pleased than I was. He was so excited and proud. I know he'll be there with me when I make that commitment.
He will never be forgotten and I will miss him very much. I just hope I can learn from Tony's examples and adapt them to my own life.
R.I.P T.J you were an awesome friend! xx

1 Comments:

At 9:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kat,

Andy Hill here. I first met Tony about 12/13 years ago and I'm really sad at the news he's passed on. I didn't know him very well but he was always friendly and warm and your tribute really speaks of the Tony I 'knew'. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home