aviewoftheworldbymecontinued

Friday, January 26, 2007

The Life Of A Junior Hairdresser

I went to my trial day at Ministry Of Hair today. The people were all really friendly and really nice which is good. My day wasn't particularly interesting and not very exciting but I know that I won't be doing it for ever it's just for now.
Here is what a junior hairdresser's day consists of:
  • Taking client's coats
  • Getting cups of tea/coffee for clients
  • Washing towels
  • Shampooing client's hair
  • Sweeping hair off of the floor
  • Getting the lunch order from the sandwich shop
  • Cleaning
  • Tidying shelves and putting products back where they belong
It turns out that I'm quite good at this so THEY OFFERED ME A JOB!!!!! So now I'm a junior hairdresser in the making! Yay! It's not gonna be easy but I think I can do it. I'm really looking forward to things now that I know what I'm going to be doing.
The only BIG downside is getting up early every morning to catch the 8 o'clock bus. I guess I will get used to eventually. I'll be working five days a week from 9-6 so I guess I will have to get used to it.
So things are definatly looking up and Im over the moon! So now when people say have you got a job yet? (the old question I used to dread) I can finally say YES!

4 Comments:

At 7:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the job! Welcome to the working world!

All the Best

Karl x

 
At 9:01 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on the job. Kat, just to say I know how difficult this decision must have been for you. I don't know if you recall (or even knew) that I went to America to do a summer camp once and had to come home for similar reasons. I know you probably have tons of support in all this, but I just wanted to say that I am willing to chat with you about this stuff if you want. Even if its years down the line!!!

Thinking of you.
Kirst
xxx

 
At 8:27 PM , Blogger Kat said...

Thanks kirst! It's nice 2 kno sum1 else has some idea of how i felt. It was tough but im getting on with things now so yay me!!!

 
At 1:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home